WASH CARE & FABRIC PROPERTIES
Washing Instructions for Botanically Dyed Organic Muslin Fabric:
– HAND WASH SEPARATELY IN COLD WATER
– USE DILUTED LIQUID MILD SOAP (same as silk and wool)
– USE LIQUID SOAP,NON-IONIC DETERGENTS (Eg. Amway, Ezee etc. )
– DO NOT BLEACH
– DELICATE WASH JUST LIKE SILK FABRICS & WOOL
– DIP & DRY
– DO NOT SCRUB
– IRON ON REVERSE
– DRY IN SHADE
Other important points about the plant based dying and colour care;
– To store fresh Indigo blue-dyed article for long periods of time it should be kept covered and away from light since it is light sensitive. This problem subsided once used for 3-4 washes.
– Dry clean may be done on the fabrics or garments.
– All colors except blue, white and some pastel shade is highly sensitive to citric content or lime, thus care should be taken accordingly (lime is most strong natural source of).
– It is recommended to wash the fabrics or textile before first use as some time unattached dyes may leave marks especially red, blue.
– Water marks may form if textiles are put partially in water/or water is spilled and then dried.
– Mild Liquid soap/or soap- powder diluted in liquid form is recommended for the washing purpose.
– Color change after washing is natural and depends on the kind of detergent used while washing.
– Irregularities in the weave and Dyeing are not a defect but an integral part of handloom, Natural dyed fabrics, and part of their charm
– Wash instructions need to be followed as per the wash labels strictly.
– The variations in same shade is due to the difference in fabric quality, climatic changes, difference in water quality, inconsistency in the properties of the herbs which are the main ingredients of the dyeing process should be acceptable.
– 2% to 6% shrinkage should be acceptable and taken into account in woven fabric while 3% to 8% shrinkage should be taken into consideration in case of knits.